The abandoned factory of Yfanet was occupied at 20/3/2004. The squat
was the result of needs and fermentations, which derived after the June
2003 summit and all the actions that took place against it and also the
solidarity movement for the 7 arrested and hunger strikers. Therefore
several groups together with individuals who desired to act in a more
collective, competitive, and autonomous ways, through new and more
dynamic structures, decided after assemblies and conversations to squat
The occupation of the old factory is an actual answer towards the
irrationality of the metropolis, where people are packed in block of
buildings, the public areas are deserted, open spaces are turn into
parking areas and deserted factories turn into museums and entertainment
centers, selling cultural events. The choice of squatting diverts the
meaning of private space and alters it to public, open and alive.
Squatting as an act is a moment of deliberation but as something that
lasts, is the re-appropriation of stolen space and time, an experiment
through which we will reinvent in a collective way the revolutionary
procedures, which will allow us to move organized and competitive
towards the existing, a space, who will give birth to companionship and
trust relations, hence we will move in a creative way towards the misery
both of the alienated society and of ourselves. It also means, leaving
an everyday life against the reality of money and the
hierarchical-authoritarian of the system.
Through everything we do, we try to reach one step closer to the
overthrow, to the collectivizing of our denials and of our dreams.
CHRONICLE OF ACTIONS
- 20 March 2004 Squat of Fabrika Yfanet.
- 16 April 2004 Demonstatration at Toumpa because of
the seal of the door of the squat from the National Bank.
- 29 April 2004 Manifestation for the history and
the labor struggles of Ifanet.
- 21 May 2004 Manifestation “Striner and Nitche: the
limits of the annihilation” from the library group.
- 28 May 2004 Manifestation for the presentation of
the newsletter of the de-information about the immigrants from the
indymedia of Thessaloniki.
- 04 June 2004 Manifestation for the Zanon
(self-administered factory at Argentina) from Anares.
- 19-21 June 2004 “3 days for 3 months”, public
spaces and city-prison with presentation of related literature,
discussion, concerts and screenings.
- 24 June 2004 Participation at the squat of the
offices foe the Olympic Games.
- 14 July 2004 Intervention-screening at the
Navarinou square against the police-ridden, the labor accidents and the
- 11-12 October 2004 Manifestation, discussion and
screening about the mental health and the state institutes from a
- 16-17 October 2004 “5 years Black Cat”,
pan-Hellenic meeting of purlieus, manifestations and concerts.
- 21 October 2004 Demonstration against the national
unity. (200 participants).
- 13 November 2004 “Israeli anarchists against the
wall”, presentation, screening and discussion.
- 19 November 2004 “Before the end” theatrical play
about the body slavery and the sexual violence.
- 26 November 2004 “The society of the spectacle
today”, manifestation from the ‘hotel of the strangers’.
- Middle of December “Little earlier” theatrical
- 19 December 2004 Squat of the Macedonian news
agency in solidarity to the one arrested about the events at the police
station of St. Panteleimon.
- 24 February 2005 “Bio-policy, authority,
knowledge: a reading of the work of Fucco” from the library group.
- 30 March 2005 Demonstration against the
nationalistic pogroms (250 participants).
- 13 April 2005 Bike-demonstration organized by an
initiative from some people of the squat.
- 16 April 2005 “1 year Fabrika Yfanet”,
multi-actions, screenings, theatrical plays, presentations and
- 28 May 2005 “How Robert Zucco has been derailed”,
theatrical play from the antibiotic group.
- 09 June 2005 Demonstration against the
nationalistic fiesta of the town prefect about the anniversary of
Alexander’s the Great birth.
- June 2005 Participation into the solidarity
actions for the hunger striker Bahoz.
- 09 September 2005 Intervention at the M.
Lazariston against the plans of creation of a museum of modern art at
- 29 October 2005 Hip-hop concerts.
- 5-6 November 2005 “Towards a mutant society”, 2
days of discussions and screenings from the children of test-tubes.
- 11 November 2005 Attack with paints against the
French institute in solidarity to the malcontented of the French
- 11-12 November 2005 “Self-organized filming: the
collective AK – KRAAK”.
- 26 November 2005 Presentation of the book ‘the
invisibles’ from Nanni Balestrini, discussion about the Italian
- 18 February 2006 Demonstration against the
conference of LAOS (450 participants).
- 28 March 2006 Attack and destruction of the
offices of the fascist and patriotic alliance (200 participants).
- 8 April 2006 Conference of Ochra Speirochaiti at
Kamara for the 2 years of the squat.
- 12 May 2006 Manifestation with John Tamtakos for
the 70 years from the rebellion of the tobacco workers at 1936.
- 20 May 2006 Manifestation for the precarity with
Franco Berardi Bifo.
- 06 June 2006 Attack and demonstration against the
offices of the cement factory Titan for the death of 2 workers (150
- 22 June 2006 Manifestation against the national
myths from the newspaper of the labor power.
- 06 July 2006 Metropolitan summer with sports and
diving at Yfanet.
- 09 September 2006 Attack from 100 people with
eggs, garbage and potato bombs at the State Museum of Modern Art that
wants to move to Yfanet.
- 19 November 2006 Demonstration at Amarynthos
against the rape of a 16 years old Bulgarian girl (130 participants).
- 27 November-3 December 2006 1st Documentary
Festival at Ifanet.
- 02 December 2006 Presentation of the book “The
completed work of Bakounin” from the library group.
- 05 December 2006 Demonstration in solidarity to
the emigrants (500 participants).
- 09 December 2006 Participation to the pan-Hellenic
demonstration in solidarity to the emigrants in Athens from the
anarchist coordination (600 participants).
- 19 January 2007 Squat of the law association for
the arrested and hunger strikers of the demonstration of the social
forum in Athens at 16 may 2006.
- 03 February 2007 Pan-Hellenic assembly of
different groups about the biotechnology and the mutants.
Manifestations and presentations about the mines of Chalkidike, about
the Underwater road of Thessaloniki, about the dam of Aracthos river,
about the diversion of the river Achelloos, about the electricity
factory at Ptolemaida and the greenscare at USA.
- 03 March 2007 Assembly of the pan-Hellenic
coordination for the solidarity to the emigrants, manifestations,
screenings and discussions – theatrical play ‘the certificate’ of
Nikolai Erdman from the theatrical group of the emigrants of
- 29 March 2007 Manifestation against the underwater
road of Thessaloniki from the pirates of the coastland.
- 30 March 2007 Bike demonstration against the
underwater road of Thessaloniki from the pirates of the coastland and
the podilatistas (200 participants).
- 31 March 2007 Demonstration against the underwater
road of Thessaloniki from the pirates of the coastland (300
- 03 April 2007 Motor-driven solidarity
demonstration to the imprisonment center of the emigrants (100
- 27 April 2007 Bike demonstration from the
podilatistas (200 participants).
- 01 May 2007 Demonstration against the precarity
- 18 May 2007 Participation to the pan-Hellenic
solidarity demonstration to the emigrants at Patra (400 participants).
- 24 May-03 June 2007 11 days festival with
discussions, manifestations, screenings and concerts for the 3 years of
the Yfanet squat.
- Self-organized social centers – suppression- defense.
- 1st screening of a self-organized film.
- “Unlocking Kleidona” Presentation of the surrealistic group of
- Informing and discussion about the suppression and the defense of
the Ungdomshuset squat at Copenhagen.
- Presentation of the play “the closet: a rehearsal of rebellion”.
- “How we understood it” Screening of a video from the squat of
- Manifestation about “Daily problems in a collective and its
interrelation with the general liberating procedure” from the housing
collective of the Yfanet squat.
- “Treasure hunting” a documentary about the metal mines of the
- Discussion about: The nation, the anti-imperialism and the
- “Notes for the memory” an audiovisual play.
- Theatrical play “the uncle Paparos” the Buffonata group of Villa
- Manifestation of the liberal infant school EL PASO DAY.
- 31 May 2007 Solidarity demonstration for the 3
years squat of Yfanet (800 participants).
- 18-21 August 2007 Participation to the
demonstrations for the assassinated Nigerian Tony Onoua.
- 25 October 2007 Interference against the school
national parades at 150 schools of Thessaloniki.
- 04 November 2007 Motor-driven demonstration to the
Diavata prison with the Terra Incognita squat, the purlieu of
Philosophy department ant the Delta squat (250 participants).
- 09 November 2007 Manifestation and documentary
- 12-16 November 2007 2nd Documentary Festival.